Frequently Asked Questions
No, the website address is still the same: www.netcaremedicalscheme.co.za
No, we are revamping the current Netcare Medical Scheme website. It will not be available on 30 and 31 December 2016 and will be up and running again on 1 January 2017.
- Yes, you will need to re-register for the new Netcare Medical Scheme website. Follow these easy steps to register:
- Go to www.netcaremedicalscheme.co.za
- Click on the REGISTER button in the top bar of the website
- Follow the two-step process on screen (your ID or passport number needs to be up-to-date on the Medical Scheme system as we will use that for verification. Should these details be out-of-date, you will be unable to complete the registration process)
- Agree to the terms and conditions
- Click ‘Send’
- The next page will request the PIN code you have just received from us via email or SMS (as selected during the registration process). Once you have entered the PIN code, click ‘Continue’
- You'll need to choose your login details on the next screen. You will have the option to select a username from the suggested list or create your own. Note that the username is permanent, it cannot be changed once selected and it is case sensitive
- The username must be between six (6) to 15 characters
- You will also be required to create your own password, which will need to contain a minimum of six (6) characters and must consist of letters and numbers. Please read the terms and conditions and accept them to complete your registration
- Once all the details have been supplied simply click on ‘Register now’ to confirm your registration
- The system will inform you that your registration process was successful and it will redirect you to your logged in home page.
The Discovery client app is a free, personalised tool that keeps you in touch and up to date with your Netcare Medical Scheme membership. It is simple to use and provides a convenient way to access your information – anywhere, anytime.
To use the app, you must be registered on the Netcare Medical Scheme website. You can use the same username and password for this app as for the Netcare Medical Scheme website. The app will be available in the App store or Google Play store from 1 January 2017.
The app will work on an iPhone and iPod touch with iOS version 8.0 or later. Although the
functionality will work on your iPad, it may not display properly.
Your Android device needs to be on version 3.0 or later. Android devices include popular makes like HTC, Samsung, LG, Sony and Huawei to name a few. The app has been optimised for both smartphones and tablets.
The membership packs have been distributed during the month of December 2016, both electronically for members with email addresses, and in hard copy via your employer. SMS’s have also been sent to members confirming their new membership number.
You must continue to use the Netcare or Medicross facility that you are currently using, to collect your chronic medicine. Clicks facilities other than the Medicross Clicks facilities do not form part of the Scheme’s DSP for chronic medicine.
To make it easier for you with the administrator changing from 1 January 2017, the early refill rule will be lifted for the month of December 2016. This will allow you to get your medicine at the end of December 2016 as opposed to the beginning of January 2016.
Yes, the Networks (Preferred and Specialist provider Networks) will stay the same. We have also introduced an optometry network. You can get up to 20% off on your frames and eyeglass lenses when you visit an optometrist in this Network. The discount is only applicable to hardware items such as frames and eyeglass lenses and excludes contact lenses and professional services (consultation and eye examination fees).
Netcare Medical Scheme’s claims email address is not changing, so members can continue to send claims to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Claims posted to Netcare Medical Scheme should be sent to:
Netcare Medical Scheme
P O Box 652509
You will receive two tax certificates, one from each administrator, PrimeMed and Discovery Health. PrimeMed will issue a tax certificate for March 2016 to February 2017. Discovery Health will issue tax certificates for January to February 2017. You will need to use both tax certificates when submitting their returns.